Is it a soup? Is it a stew? It is either, and makes a great potluck offering. Can serve over rice.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil/olive oil/ ghee/butter
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp coriander
- ¼- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 stick cinnamon, broken in half
- 3 cups peeled,cubed sweet potatoes
- 5 cups cooking greens, chopped into bite-size pieces (kale, collard greens, chard, etc)
- salt to taste
- lemon or lime wedges
- Peel onion, chop in half and slice into thin half moons.
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to stir and sauté until onions are almost translucent,
- Add mustard seeds and sauté for another minute.
- Add coconut milk, coriander, cayenne, cinnamon and salt and stir well.
- Add sweet potatoes, stir and cover. SImer until sweet potatoes are just tender enough to pierce with a fork.
- Stir in greens and cover. Steam for about 5 minutes – or until greens are tender.
- Adjust seasoning as needed.