- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large handful or bunch of cooking greens (chard or beet greens with stems, bok choy, collards or kale, etc.)
- optional : other vegetables can be sautéed as well
- 1 Tbsp olive oil/coconut oil / ghee
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 or more eggs
- parmesan cheese, grated
- optional , chopped fresh basil
- garnish options: salsa, sour cream, chopped chives
A cast iron or other metal skillet works well as it can be used on the stove top and then placed in the oven.
Set oven to 500 degrees F. In a skillet heat oil /ghee and sauté garlic and greens until greens are tender. Add butter to the pan, and add in the beaten eggs. Stir lightly, lower heat, and let the egg mixture set for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and put skillet in oven. Frittata should puff up in 4 minutes. Remove from oven. Let is stand for 2 minutes. Loosen the edges and add dollops of sour cream, salsa, pesto, etc.. Serve.