CADA – Coconut, Almonds, Dates, Apples
From Cyndi O’Meara. Makes enough for one generous serving. Double the recipe for 2-3 people.
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 15 almonds
- 2-3 dates – soaked a few minutes in hot water to soften, and chopped
- 2 small apples cored and quartered
- 1 Tbsp chia seed
- 2 Tbsp goji berry
- 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
(you can also choose to omit the chia/goji/sunflower & pumpkin seeds, or, add a pinch of cinnamon or cardamom)
- The night before making CADA, place almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds in a bowl and cover with water and let soak overnight (minimum of 7 hours). Drain and rinse the nuts and seeds. This will improve the digestibility of the nuts and seeds.
- Next, place all nuts, seeds, coconut, apples, dates, goji berries in a food processor and pulse a few times. The mixture will be chunky.
- Can serve with yogurt/ coconut milk, or eat plain.
This breakfast keeps me going all morning. You can also keep leftovers in refrigerator and have as a mid-morning snack.