Courtesy of Anne Buzzelli, RD at BuzzNutrition.com
- 1 ½ cups black beans (1 15 oz can, drained and rinsed very well)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup gluten-free oats, ground using a coffee bean grinder/blender/etc
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melt over very low heat)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½-2/3 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F.
Combine all ingredients except chips in food processor. Blend until completely smooth.
Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased 8×8 pan. Optional: sprinkly extra chocolate chips on top. Bake 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut.
Makes 9-12 brownies.